Loving the F
I met Elizabeth Strusz at the Powerful-U Conference in Salt Lake City, UT November 2018. She is an entrepreneur, a speaker, stylist and teacher.
I met Elizabeth Strusz at the Powerful-U Conference in Salt Lake City, UT November 2018. She is first a wife and mother, then an entrepreneur, speaker, stylist and teacher.
Listen in to hear how we met, the impact it had on me and her no-holds barred, truth-telling approach to life and how to live it in real time.
- We wind up having a feeling, then we create a belief system and now we have a perception and now we've created a reality. (07:50)
- I've struggled my whole with being enough and I think that's the general downfall of humanity right now, is we have everybody walking around thinking they're not enough. I don't actually know what we're supposed to be enough for. (08:19)
- People worry about being enough because, they don't talk to the right people, they don't create the right boundaries, frankly. (12:05)
- We all have a place in each other's life. And if we can just respect whatever that is, we wouldn't be let down as much. (12:28)
- If I have a string attached, I tell you at the beginning of the conversation. How do we give the rest of the world the permission to live on that level because, I think there is so much freedom and happiness from living like that. (13:27)
- I think, people who haven't hit rock bottom, are missing out. (19:14)
- Spoiler alert - we all end up in the same place. I'm not interested in racing anybody right now. Right now I want to cheer on as many people as I can. Right now I want to enjoy life. (22:22)
- Being able to learn how to be selfish so that you can be selfless, because so often the people I watch who become selfish are the people who don't know how to have boundaries. they're the people who don't know how to put themselves first . So they actually wind up exploding into this "selfish realm" that nobody understands because they never spoke up. (22:53)
- Somebody in my path, somewhere, needs t hear this story. I think that's where we really get to change the world is understanding that we live through in reality, can be used to serve somebody else but we have to let them open that door first. (29:06)
- Everybody's "rock bottom" is different. (29:35)
- I don't know if people need to have "rock bottom." But, they have to hit something hard enough that they're willing to change their viewpoint and that is not something anybody can do for anyone else. (29:52)
- If more people could look at the one good part of their life, lose themselves in that, then its easier to come out on the other side. (34:49)
- If we can unglamorize what it means to change your perception within yourself and unglamorize what it means to have a turning point in your life if its not rock bottom and understand that the people you think that woke up overnight like this - GIRL - she did not wake up like that. And whether she got it from her momma doesn't matter either because, we have to make some sort of separation so we can be ourselves. (36:05)
- I hope that by living in my authenticity of who I am I give permission to others. I hope it is not just what I say, I hope it is what I do that allows people to understand that it really is okay. (36:44)