Loving the F
Episode 10 - Loving the F with Kathleen Barlow - Forbidden Finances
Financial Advisor and Park City Women's Business Network President Kathleen Barlow talks about money, the stories we tell ourselves and how to do the forbidden by creating a healthy relationship with our finances, our business/career and ourselves.
Financial Advisor and Park City Women's Business Network President Kathleen Barlow talks about money, the stories we tell ourselves about it and how to do the forbidden - create a healthy relationship with our finances, our business/career and ourselves.
- As women in business, we want to know who our colleagues are before we know what they do.
- We [women] tend to not believe that we can take, whatever our business is, to the next level.
- If we have a scarcity feeling in our business, that is going to translate to scarcity with money...even if we have a lot of money.
- As a community, we need to support and hold each other up...there's enough out there for all of us.
- Once you realize you can walk in your authentic shoes, stuff happens.
- Take control. If you don't know how to take control get somebody to teach you, its not rocket science.
- Whether the story or your present situation is good or bad, it's not going to change until you address it.
- Men think of it [money] as, "How much can I get and how high can my return be?" Women think of it as security...so we are not generally wanting to be aggressive.
- The plan is not to say, "I've got to cut my expenses." The plan is to say, "Okay, where am I at? Do I need to make more money...cause I don't want to cut back on my Starbucks coffee."
- Don't just automatically say, "I've gotta cut back because I'm stuck." Cause you're not stuck, no one is stuck.
- When you're on the spectrum, there is a limit. What you want to do is step off of the spectrum...there is an unlimited amount of money and abundance for you.
- Men have money stories as well.
- It wasn't hard, it was just working on my internal belief system... Its a journey, I believe.