Loving the F
Tracey Ferrin | Up Struggle
Tracey Ferrin is a wife, mother, fitness instructor, author, cancer thriver and public speaker.
I've literally known Tracey Ferrin since she was a baby - easy since she's my niece. I can tell you she does what she does because from day one she's been a spitfire. The youngest daughter of four, she was running the show well before starting kindergarten.
As a woman, she's exercised those skills which have helped her navigate her life and that of her family's. In this conversation she breaks down the lessons she has learned since being a pregnant, single mom facing a rare form of cancer at the ripe young age of 18. As she tells it, life didn't stop there.
- Going all in, that has changed everything. (06:11)
- I love it because you don't realize all the little things that lead you up to where you're at. (09:39)
- Wait a minute - I'm purpose. So, whatever I choose to do, I'll bring purpose to it. (13:05)
- Cancer was just my ultimate struggle. I have been through some other stuff that other people aren't aware of because of who I am today. But it's because of those things that I've been through, that I am who I am today. (15:11)
- There are three types of struggles: (16:01)
- You're not meant to struggle alone, so who are you leaning on to help you get through it? (17:35)
- We do have to prime ourselves. The way I feel like we can prime ourselves is we have to push ego and pride aside. (18:53)
- Use what you went through to help others get through. (20:14)
- Struggle + reflection = lesson (20:52)
- Struggles can equal happiness, if we choose. But again, it is a choice for us to choose. (21:32)
- I visualize myself in a dark tunnel...if I just keep moving, eventually, the light will come through. (24:20)
- I heard someone once say, "Excuses are pretty little lies that temporarily make us feel better. (26:43)